Sometimes, in the course of e-commerce operations, a decision is made to migrate to a simpler and less complicated shop solution. The reasons for such a decision may be different – it happens that Prestashop is chosen excessively compared to the customer’s needs and creates landing-page shops or shops with a database of 20 products. Prestashop was absolutely not designed to meet the needs of customers with a small number of products on offer, the ideal solution for such businesses is the WooCommerce plugin available with the WordPress CMS system. What is significant here is the lack of advice at the stage of choosing the shop script, resulting from the lack of experience or sometimes deliberate actions of companies or people who create online shops – the customer finally receives a product that is expensive to maintain compared to the size and scale of his business. For this group of customers where, colloquially speaking, they were shot with the Prestashop selection, we offer a quick migration to WooCommerce.
Be calm, we transfer all possible data.
After migration, we conduct a series of functional tests and we also review the database in terms of data integrity.
Migration from Prestashop to WooCommerce
– name, status, description, ID
– prices, promotional prices, discounts
– weight, height, length
– accessories, related products
– tax classes
– meta titles and rewritten urls
– product photos and thumbnails
– rewritten URL
– parent category (category structure)
– category image
Clients with addresses
– name, surname, email
– customer addresses: name, surname, telephone, address 1, address 2, city, postal code, country
– Order ID, date of submission, order status, order summary
– all order details with payment address and shipping address
– list of ordered products – product name, attributes, quantity, price per product, total etc.
– notes from customers for the order
Shipping methods and carriers
All shipping methods and carriers are transferred to WooCommerce with the same prices and delivery zones, carriers are also correctly linked to orders
Discount coupons are converted to cart rules with the same discount, code and validity
Pages, CMS subpages, blog entries
All pages and subpages are transferred to WordPress. As for the blog – Prestashop blog entries and categories, if it existed – are also transferable to WordPress.
We migrate all SEO data (Meta-title, meta keywords, meta descriptions, rewritten URL) from Prestashop to the 3 most popular SEO plugins for WordPress: Yoast SEO, All in One Seo Pack and The SEO Framework.